The Science of Reading Intervention Program
The Science of Reading Intervention Program is an accelerated, evidence-based program that has been specifically designed as a half-year, 55 minutes per day reading intervention class for middle school, high school, and adult literacy students or a 30 minute per day pull-out or early-late program for elementary students. The program is the first half of the full-year Teaching Reading Strategies word recognition and language comprehension program.
The Science of Reading Intervention Program features the easy-to-teach, no prep 5 Daily Google Slide Activities. Both teachers and students are provided their own sets of slides for each lesson. If digital devices are not available, print copies of the student slides work fine with each of the activities.
5 Daily Google Slide Activities
Phonemic Awareness and Phonics Placement Tests
- Phonemic Awareness and Morphology: Advanced phonemic awareness drills and Greek and Latin Anchor Words to help students learn the high frequency prefixes, roots, and suffixes (5 Minutes).
- Blending, Segmenting, and Spelling: Continuous blending of 4-8 words to learn phonetically regular focus sound-spellings and 2 Heart Words per lesson, plus syllable and spelling rules (10 Minutes). Includes audio and video files.
- Sounds and Spellings Practice: Independent practice with text box typing and drag and drop activities for the focus sound-spellings (10 Minutes).
- Heart Words Practice: Independent practice with text box typing and drag and drop activities for the 2 words with phonetically irregular sound-spellings (5 Minutes).
- Sam and Friends Phonics Books: Decodable stories with teenage characters and plots for each daily lesson with comprehension questions, margin annotations, and word fluency practice. Beautifully illustrated by noted comic artist, David Rickert. Google Slides, Tablet, Chromebook, and Phone Formats (25 Minutes).
Plus, Sound Boxes and Personal Sound Walls for weekly review practice.
Preview the Science of Reading Intervention Program HERE.
Or download 2 Complete Google Slide Lessons (178 slides):
We Also Recommend