The Science of Reading Intervention Program: Word Recognition
The Science of Reading Intervention Program: Word Recognition is an accelerated, evidence-based program that has been specifically designed as a half-year, 55 minutes per day reading intervention class for middle school, high school, and adult literacy students or a year-long 30 minute per day pull-out or early-late program for grades 4-6 elementary students. The program serves as the first 18 weeks of a full-year reading intervention class, followed by 18 weeks of The Science of Reading Intervention Program: Language Comprehension and The Science of Reading Intervention Program: Assessment-based Instruction.
The program is designed intensive reading intervention and is ideal for EL, ESL. or Special Education students. It is also a great option for students in continuation school settings or community college and adult literacy programs.
Your older reading intervention students will master decoding (phonics) and encoding (spelling) with this scripted program. No need to spend 70 hours of LETRS training or 120 hours for O-G certification... Even beginning reading teachers will achieve success and learn as they as they teach.
The Science of Reading Intervention Program: Word Recognition features the easy-to-teach, no prep Google Slide (or Print) Activities.
Google Slide (or Print) Activities
Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, and Spelling Placement Tests
Over 3,000 interactive Google slides to teach the Google Slide (or Print) Activities:
- Phonemic and Morphological Awareness
- Blending, Segmenting, and Spelling
- Sounds and Spelling independent practice
- Heart Words independent practice
- Sam and Friends Phonics Books decodables (digital and print-ready books for each of the 54 lessons) with word fluencies and comprehension questions
- Sound Boxes and Personal Sound Walls weekly review activities
- Syllable whole class instruction and worksheets
- Spelling Pattern Worksheets based on the Diagnostic Spelling Assessment
Both teachers and students are provided their own sets of slides for each lesson. If digital devices are not available, print copies of the student slides work fine with each of the activities.
Video Preview the Science of Reading Intervention Program: Word Recognition HERE.
Or download 2 Complete Google Slide Lessons (178 slides):
We Also Recommend