The Science of Reading Intervention Program: Word Recognition (Phonemic Awareness, Spelling, Phonics, Comprehension)
The Science of Reading Intervention Program: Word Recognition (Phonemic Awareness, Spelling, Phonics, Comprehension) has been specifically designed for students ages 8-adult in Tier 2 and 3 reading intervention, ELL, SPED, and adult literacy classes. The flexible Google slides and/or print program resources can be adapted to your schedule.
This research-based, accelerated program is perfectly suited to both veteran and new reading teachers. No need to take 160 hours of LETRS training or earn OG certification. Teachers get the training they need as they teach with easy-to-follow, scripted directions. The instructional components require no prep and only minimal correction. This program has been developed by teachers for teachers to significantly improve their students' reading skills as quickly as possible.
CLICK TO SEE THE QUICK VIDEO OVERVIEW
Note that the entire contents of this program are included in The Science of Reading Intervention Program BUNDLE, which also includes comprehensive language comprehension instruction and assessment-based instructional resources for differentiated instruction.
The Science of Reading Intervention Program: Word Recognition (Phonemic Awareness, Spelling, Phonics, Comprehension) features the easy-to-teach, no prep 6 Google Slide Activities to accelerate reading achievement. Teachers display and teach the lesson from their Google slides. The scripted instruction is right there on the teachers' Google slides. No time-consuming, complicated teacher's guide. Display the slides and teach! Students use their own interactive Google slides or print copies for practice.
6 Google Slide Activities
Teachers display and teach 54 lessons, using Google slides to access audio and video links. Students practice with their own interactive Google slides or write on print copies.
- Phonemic and/or Morphological Awareness: Quick phonemic awareness drills if needed and/or Greek and Latin morphology. Students master phoneme segmenting, blending, and manipulation and learn the high frequency prefixes, bases, and suffixes with memorable Anchor Words.
- Segmenting, Spelling, and Blending Phonics Lessons: Each sounds to print spelling and phonics lesson features continuous blending of 4-8 phonetically regular words and 2 Heart Words (words with a part to learn by heart). Includes guided handwriting spelling practice.
- Phonics and Heart Words Practice: Independent practice with drag and drop activities and text box typing (or writing) for the focus sound-spellings and Heart Words.
- Say It! Spell It! Read It! Word Chains: Students drag and drop, write, or use the letter cards to build new words with the sound-spellings introduced in each lesson. Students love to "switch 'em" from word to word in this review game.
- Sam and Friends Phonics Books: Decodable stories with teenage characters and plots for each of the 54 daily lessons with comprehension questions, margin annotations, and word fluency practice. Beautifully illustrated by noted comic artist, David Rickert. Google slide, tablet, Chromebook, phone, and print formats.
- Elkonin Sound Box Dictations, Personal Sound Walls, and Morphology Walls: Quick formative assessment for each lesson; sound wall resources with catchy speech articulation songs and student desk copies; and interactive Morphology Walls.
Check out two complete word recognition lessons:
CLICK TO VIEW LESSON 5 GOOGLE SLIDES AND PRINT VERSIONS
NOTE: I care more about you having the right instructional tools to teach your students than padding my pocketbook. If your students need these reading intervention resources, but the cost is prohibitive (and it's not in the school budget), email me and tell me what you can contribute and you'll get your program. firstname.lastname@example.org
Testimonials and Recommendations: Here's what teachers are saying about The Science of Reading Intervention Program:
"An extensive product suitable for students of all ages. Love that it is suitable testing and resources for older students with reading difficulties- there are too few suitable resources for this age group. Reading passages are appealing with attached ideas on how to best target each one." Felicia B.
"The Sam and Friends Phonics Books are amazing. I have been using them for two years now, my middle school kids love them, they can relate to the stories, and I have seen improved reading in all of them. They would often want to read additional books and be upset that we had to wait till the next day. My kids often said these are great to read and not about baby stuff. Several were like, 'He should make it a novel because it kind of is!'" Rose Marie Tulius Pagel
"I am an Instructional Coach and am responsible for running Response to Intervention groups, this is the perfect resource that I have been looking for! Thank you so much for creating it!" Jamie Kidwell
"The Sam and Friends Books (decodables) are just what my struggling middle school and high school readers need!" Joy Hutchings
"Excellent! Just what I needed for my ELLs!" Deneise McGowan
"I just wanted to thank you for creating these explicit and extensive resources for students in need. Thank you! I am working with one class of ESL students and two classes of Read 180 students with behavior issues and have been struggling to find methods to address their specific areas of weakness. I am also teaching three senior level English classes and have found them to have serious deficits in many critical areas that may impact their success if they are attending college level courses in a year's time. I have been trying to find a way to help all of them in specific and measurable ways - and I found you!" Cathy Ford
"The Science of Reading Intervention Program is a great resource to use with my struggling 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders." Cougar Creations
"This is a fantastic resource." Melissa Gartly
"Used during our after school tutoring to boost DIBELS scores! Great product! Thanks!" Stephanie Pope
We Also Recommend